If you have a talent for fundraising and philanthropy and want to be part of the dynamic team working to help keep the Reef great, the Great Barrier Reef Foundation is hiring now.
About the role
The Philanthropy Manager leads and manages all aspects of philanthropic giving at the Great Barrier Reef Foundation (GBRF) and is responsible for building a healthy and engaged donor pipeline to support one of the world’s greatest natural icons.
This role includes implementation and management of annual giving and major gifts strategies; development of a planned giving program while at the same time managing a pipeline of prospective donors through effective research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
We are seeking someone to take our giving to the next level, to deepen our donors’ engagement with this cause and to capitalise on the global interest and passion for our beautiful Reef.
This role requires a deep thinker who enjoys both tactical and operational outcomes and is motivated by building connections between individual and cause.
Experience working in a senior role in a successful fundraising team is essential, while the ability to build sustainable relationships with a wide range of donors and key stakeholders will ensure success in this role.
This position plays a key role in shaping the future of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Provide high level support to the Managing Director in relation to the strategic direction of the Foundation.
- Develop and implement plans to meet giving targets, including the identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of annual, major, planned and campaign gift donors.
- Provide oversight to the successful coordination of schools and community giving initiatives.
- Manage a portfolio of existing donors ensuring relationships remain strong throughout the organisation.
- Work with the Managing Director, Board and Philanthropy Committee to devise and implement new initiatives that increase philanthropic revenue.
- Plan and manage all stewardship, cultivation and prospecting events.
- Accurately record information about, and communication with all prospects and donors – including research material, engagement plans, stewardship plans and meeting reports.
- Ensure the GBRF follows best practice by keeping up to date with Australian and international trends/research in philanthropy.
- Nurture and grow relationships with Trusts & Foundations and oversee reporting and application processes.
- Work closely with marketing and communications resources to create and maintain marketing and communications materials that assist in developing and maintaining powerful donor relationships.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter explaining your suitability and desire for this position to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm, Friday 7 July 2017.