Win a Reef Expedition - Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
- The promoter is Great Barrier Reef Foundation – Level 13, 300 Ann Street Brisbane, Queensland 4000.
- The promotion commences at 00.01am 1 December 2017 and closes at 11.59pm 31 January 2018. (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
- Entry is open only to residents of Australia (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related bodies.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Entry into the promotion
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must during the Promotion Period
- Complete the Great / Not Great digital ‘challenge’ hosted on the Promoter’s website (barrierreef.org)
- Enter their details (First Name, Last Name, Email Address and Postcode) and submit these details through the challenge portal hosted on the Promoter’s website (barrierreef.org).
- The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Bookings cancelled or refunded before the draw will be disqualified.
Drawing of entries
- The draw will take place at the offices of the Promoter and will be conducted by the Promoter (Drawer).
- There will be one (1) draw held on 1 February 2018.
- The results of the draw are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- There will be 1 prize in total. The maximum total prize pool value of $1,500 based on the recommended retail value at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
- The prize consists of:
- A Reef Expedition experience for two (2) for one day out to the Great Barrier Reef departing from Redcliffe to Lady Elliot Island.
- Unless otherwise stated, the prize does not include travel insurance, passports, visas, meals, taxes not included in the price of the ticket, ground transportation, flights, accommodation or any other costs of a personal nature, including additional incidental charges at the hotel such as mini-bar, laundry, room service and telephone calls charged to your room are at your expense. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of each prize-winner and companion. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
- Prize travel and accommodation are subject to availability at the time of booking and prize travel is subject to availability of prize travel fares at the time of booking. The winners and their companions must travel together.
- Prize travel and accommodation must be booked by 30 March 2018 and completed by 30 December 2018. There can be no changes to travel arrangements once the reservation is confirmed.
- Accommodation is subject to availability
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accepts the conditions of use of that prize.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
- The winners will be notified by phone and/or e-mail within two (2) working days of the draw date and their names will be published on www.barrierreef.org within seven (7) days of the draw.
Right of the Promoter to redraw
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prizes that remain unclaimed at midday 9 February 2018 a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 9 February 2018 at the same place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by phone and/or e-mail 9 February 2018 and their names will be published on www.barrierreef.org within seven (7) days of the draw.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
- The exclusion of liability in clause 25 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
- for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
- to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). Entry details and privacy
- Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name and photograph of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought