Work with us
Our staff are passionate and committed to protecting our precious Great Barrier Reef and its marine life. Teamwork is important to us and we work collaboratively to achieve our conservation goals to help people and nature thrive. Our staff work on programs along the length of the Great Barrier Reef, throughout Australia's east coast and at various international sites.
We have a shared vision of a better future for coral reefs. We bring together science, community, industry and government to find and grow conservation and restoration solutions to deliver healthier coral reefs. Our culture is influenced by our workplace values, which are:
- We build Connection with people, culture and place to succeed.
- We have the Courage to face the task and the Bold Ambition to get it done.
- We act with Integrity always.
If you want to make a difference to coral reefs worldwide, the Great Barrier Reef Foundation may be the place for you. We offer the following benefits to staff:
- Birthday leave
- Cultural, religious and ceremonial leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gifted leave over Christmas shut-down period
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunities to visit the Reef and volunteer within our programs
- Option to purchase additional leave
- Salary packaging offered through The Salary Packaging People (up to $15,900 per year)